Upgrade your original Cacophony Thermal Camera to the new DOC AI Cam. This has all the features of our traditional thermal camera and more:
- This is a smaller camera in the same style as traditional trail cameras
- There is a built-in GPS so you don't need to manually update the location.
- There is a built in bracket for mounting to a tree with a screw or straps, along with a mount for a security cable. There is still ability to mount the camera to a tripod.
- There is a lower cost, more robust battery. The battery doesn't have a separate charging port, so costs less to manufacture and has one less place where water could get in. The 4 core battery cable also allows the camera to monitor the charge of the battery. This will be available via a software update at a later stage. You have the option to upgrade your batteries and chargers, or you can just buy an adaptor cable.
- The auxiliary port allows for a speaker to be connected and is available on all cameras. Previously this was an added extra. See the manual for details on what you can do with the connected speaker. The speaker is sold separately.
- The power and auxiliary ports are mounted on the bottom of the camera, providing additional protection against water ingress.
- The auxiliary port provides the option for the camera to connect to other devices (more to come on that).
- We are planning to reduce the power usage (<1/3 of the power) via a software update by the end of the year.
- There is a multi-coloured light included which makes it easier to understand the status of the camera than the flashing light on the older camera.
- We have included a microphone on the camera. This is currently untested, but may be suitable for audio bird or predator monitoring. We plan to test this and release any features that use it via software updates.
- There is a built-in, rechargeable battery for maintaining the time. On the previous camera a button battery needed to be replaced every couple of years.
The new camera uses many of the same parts as your old camera. In particular the thermal sensor which is the most expensive part. This upgrade is offered just above cost and will be available when the DOC AI Cam is available.
Note: The case of the camera is still being finalised and will be slightly different than pictured.
If you have multiple batteries then add them to the cart separately.
For the upgrade you will need to send us your old camera, batteries and charger. We will then ship you the upgraded gear. You will be charged shipping costs as well.
The camera hardware and software, along with the machine vision algorithms and cloud storage portal have all been developed by The Cacophony Project, a not for profit organisation.