iOS Sidekick app now on the app store
Good news for Apple fans - we have released the first version of the Thermal Camera companion app, Sidekick for iOS. The first version has limited, but useful functionality. You can't download recordings, but you can set up the camera, view the image and update the location.
In order to use it, first install the Sidekick iOS app and then set up a bushnet hotspot on your phone:
- Open your iPhone Settings menu.
- Scroll down and select the General option.
- Tap the About button at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Name button at the top of the screen.
- Tap the small x button to the right of the current name, enter a the name bushnet, then tap the blue Done button on the keyboard
- Set the password for your personal hotspot to feathers, turn on by selecting the allow others to join switch
- If it is there, switch the Maximise Compatibility to On.
Turn your camera on, open up the app, log on and click the Search Devices button at the bottom. Your camera should show at the top.
Click on the to update the location of your camera. Click on the camera name to open up the camera menu to set up the camera as per the thermal camera manual.
This app is available on the Australian and New Zealand App stores.
At the moment we are working on adding the functionality to retrieve and upload recordings to match the functionality of the Android Sidekick App.
Let us know what you think and leave a review.
Thanks to Patrick for all his mahi on this.